Think back to the last time we did heavy snatches (if you’re doing the main workout today, you don’t have to think back that far! 🤣). How did you feel? Confident under the bar? Comfortable?
If not, don’t fret – you’re not alone!
Olympic lifts like the snatch and clean and jerk are difficult. That’s one reason we spend so much time each class going over positions; no matter how long you’ve lifted, you can always use a refresher on the basics. Still, hitting these lifts once a week or every two weeks isn’t enough repetition to build supreme confidence under the bar.
For those that want to improve their Olympic lifts, we’re running a clinic on January 5th from 10:15AM to 1:15PM followed by a six-week cycle that will meet three times a week for specific training and workouts. Read on to find out all the details
Overview of Our Oly Cycle
Starting on January 7th, we’re running a six-week Olympic LIfting cycle outside of our usual programming. The cycle is focused on three things:
- Repetition – We’ll work on drills again and again so you immediately find the right position at the bottom of your squat or when driving under the bar in the jerk.
- Individual coaching and drills – Sure, we’ll do 3-position drills, but there are so many more exercises out there that can build speed and power! Think clean deadlifts, snatch balances, and more. We’ll work with you one-on-one to establish drills tailored towards your weaknesses.
- Hitting personal records – Okay okay – I get it. You want to lift heavy! Who doesn’t want to PR their snatch?! Technique plays a HUGE role here. With better positioning, you’ll find yourself lifting more weight without much additional effort. You can be sure we’ll get heavy, and you will hit some PRs. Promise!
This might be for you if…
- You don’t quite feel confident dropping under a heavy bar in a snatch.
- You’ve been lifting for awhile now but haven’t seen many PRs in your Olympic lifts.
- You want to work on your snatch/clean and jerk outside of class but aren’t quite sure what to do.
The class is open to new and experienced lifters. You will need to know the basics behind Olympic lifting (where to put your hands during a snatch, for example). If you’ve been at CrossFit Undeniable for less than three months and aren’t quite sure if you’re ready, email me and let’s chat!
Nitty Gritty Details
- Our Olympic lifting workshop will happen ahead of the six-week cycle. It’s happening on Saturday, January 5th from 10:15AM-1:15PM. The workshop is free for Athlete Plus members and $25 for unlimited/$50 for three-days per week.
- Our Olympic lifting cycle is starting on Monday, January 7th and will run Monday, Wednesday, and Friday from 7:00PM-8:30PM ending on February 15th. The cycle is free for Athlete Plus members and $175 for Unlimited/$250 for three-days per week.
- It’s not required to attend the workshop in order to join in on the cycle, but it will help. You can also elect to only attend the workshop and not do the cycle as well if you want.
Ready to sign up? Just email firstname.lastname@example.org, and we’ll get you all ready to go!