Today, I just wanted to put together a short and sweet guide on what you can expect whether you’re a member competing in our Intramural Open or you’re just looking to drop in for a place to get your Open workout on.
Overview for Everyone
Here are a few details that will be applicable to everyone regardless of whether you’re signed up for the Open or not:
- We’ll be running the CrossFit Open workout during all class times on Friday so you can still attend your normal morning class and complete the Open workout.
- For our Friday Night Lights event, we’ll be running heats every 30 minutes starting at 4:30PM.
- Heat signups for Friday Night Lights will be run through Triib. You can register for a heat like you would any other class either through the Triib app or on our website here: https://crossfit-undeniable.triib.com/schedule/.
- Heat times are on a first-come, first-served basis!
Details for Our Intramural Open
We have over 50 athletes signed up for the Open through CrossFit Undeniable. That’s amazing! To make the Open even more fun, we’ve created five teams of athletes that will compete throughout the Open with the top team taking home an awesome prize.
If you’re registered for the CrossFit Open, you should have received an email with all of the details regarding your team. If not, please email firstname.lastname@example.org, and we’ll be happy to help!
Below are details regarding how to earn points for your team and the rules during the Open. If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to reach out!
Intramural Open Point Structure
- 1 Point: per teammate for doing the Open workout at CrossFit Undeniable on Friday
- 1 point: per teammate that earns an official score on the workout posted on the CrossFit Games site (complete it anywhere!)
- 1 point: per teammate for judging a heat at CrossFit Undenaible during Friday Night Lights
- 1 Point : per teammate for dressing up with the weekly theme
- 3 Bonus Points: posting a picture on personal social media of the team or an individual with team hashtag and #crossfitundeniable
Intramural Open Rules
- Register for your heat on Triib, just like if you were registering for any normal class time.
- Register to judge a later heat.
- No redo’s or second attempts. It’s test time folks, give it all you got on the first go! (exceptions could be equipment failures)
- If you need to make up a workout, you can do that during Open Gym times, but you’re responsible for coordinating a judge.
- In the event of a tie between teams at the end of the Open, we’ll host an event 6, which will be a blast for everyone involved.
We’ll have a Box Leaderboard posted at CrossFit Undeniable for everyone to see.
Intramural Open Weekly Themes
Friday, October 11th – Favorite Sports Team
Friday, October 18th – Tacky Tourist
Friday, October 25th – Superhero
Friday, November 1st – Halloween Costumes
Friday, November 8th – CFU Spirit
Dropping In During the Open
We love to have drop-ins during the Open. If you’re joining us for Friday Night Lights, it’s completely free. You can sign up for a free drop-in here during Friday Night Lights:
Just select your desired heat time and use the Free Drop-in feature to book your slot.