How are the legs feeling after 400m of lunges?! If you’re like me, you’re a bit sore! Not to worry—Challenge 12 is taking down the intensity a bit.
For Challenge 12, we’re revisiting one of the original mobility tests from physical therapist Kelly Starrett.
- Task: Hold the bottom of a squat position for 5+ minutes
- Challenge Start: Now (Monday, May 4)
- Challenge End: 11PM on Wednesday, May 6
If you’re unfamiliar with Starrett, he became very popular through his daily MobilityWOD (now called “The Ready State”) posts and books like Supple Leapord. He helps athletes stay healthy and perform well over the long haul with mobility drills.
In his very first MobilityWOD, he poses a 10-minute squat test. We’re going to start with 5 minutes although you’re welcome to go for longer if you’d like. Please be sure to check out his 2-minute video here for scaling options and tips. It’s entirely okay to hold on to a chair or wall for balance if you need to!
Quick reminder on the rules:
- You’ll have 48 hours to complete each challenge.
- You’ll complete the challenge by doing the task listed and then posting a photo of yourself and tagging @crossfitundeniable and using hashtag #UndeniableAnywhere on either Instagram or Facebook.
- One participant will receive a $25 gift card to a local restaurant or coffee shop.
Looking forward to seeing everyone get after it on social media!