Gina had a great month of March, coming into the 11:30 class always looking to improve as an athlete. She is always ready to take on the WOD and challenge herself, from box jumps, to gymnastics, or building her strength, she never backs down. As you guys know, Gina crushed the Open, coming in and completing the last three workouts Rx during Friday Night Lights! Gina’s energy in class is infectious, and she is a vital member of our community; she always introduces herself to new members, giving them a warm welcome and making immediately them feel apart of our CFU family. We are so grateful for Gina, always striving to be better than she was yesterday, always accepting the challenges put in front of her, and she is always smiling!
Read about Gina’s CFU experience straight from her below:
1. What brought you to CrossFit Undeniable (or CrossFit, more generally) in the first place? My husbands cousin got me into CrossFit out in California. I picked CFU because of Zach. He was the first coach I met and I knew that he cared about my personal goals.
2. What was your first impression? How has that changed? I felt defeated. I came into CFU after not seeing results at another gym that I was attending 6 days a week. I started to meet other coaches and members and everyone helped me get better so I started to become more confident in training.
3. What was your first success or accomplishment? What made you feel like “Hell yeah…I crushed that!”? I remember when I kept failing a 200# deadlift and how bummed I was. This last cycle, I was able to deadlift 300#. That felt amazing.
4. What kind of changes have you noticed since joining CF Undeniable? These could be physical, mental, etc. I’ve been able to turn a lot of fat into muscle. I’m much stronger than I was and I feel more confident in myself. Mentally, I am happy in life.
5. What are you working on now? I am working on fat loss, Pull-ups and handstands.
6. What’s your favorite CFU memory so far? I have so many, if I had to pick one, it’s Evelyn’s expressions when she hits a PR.
7. Is there anything else you would like to share about yourself ? Ex. passions, hobbies, your why for fitness. I’m glad I found CrossFit because I truly enjoy training, I also value all of the friendships I’ve gained.