We provide our members with regular updates on our approach to COVID-19 via email. This page is to serve as a regularly updated resource on our policies and procedures. If you have any questions, please reach out to email@example.com. We’ll be happy to answer them!
- Per state mandate, masks are required in our facility for both coaches and athletes, including during your workout. Masks need to fully cover your nose and mouth. They may be temporarily removed if you need to catch your breath. The only time masks are not required is when we’re outdoors and adequately socially-distanced.
- We’ll take a temperature check of all members and staff before they enter the facility. They’ll also be presented with a list of possible symptoms. We ask you to stay out of the gym if you’re experiencing any of the symptoms, if you’ve been in contact with someone with COVID-19, or if you’re currently awaiting COVID-19 test results.
- We ask athletes to please remain distanced from other members as much as possible. When you enter our facility, you’ll step into a workout box. All workout boxes are spaced out with their own designated equipment. Please stay in your box as much as possible.
- After completing your workout, we’ll ask you to wipe down all equipment with the provided spray bottles and wash clothes. We’ll also clean the gym thoroughly every Sunday, wiping down all surfaces, equipment, etc.
If we’re notified of an athlete testing positive for COVID-19, here’s how we’ll respond:
- Immediately: As soon as we’re notified, we’ll directly email everyone that could have been exposed in the gym. For a strict definition, we’ll notify anyone that’s been in a class with the athlete for 3 days prior to the onset of their symptoms.
- Weekly: We’ll provide an overview of COVID-19 cases in our Sunday weekly preview so everyone is aware.
- If we have 3+ positive cases in a single week: We’ll close the gym for 24 hours for a deep clean.
Regarding individual athletes and quarantining rules, here’s what we ask:
- If you test positive for COVID-19, you can return to the gym after 10 days since your symptoms first appeared. This is provided symptoms have abated and you haven’t had a fever for 24+ hours (without use of medication).
- If you were exposed to someone with COVID-19, we’ll ask you to stay out of the gym for 14 days since last exposure provided you don’t have symptoms. If you do have symptoms, the above rules will apply. “Exposure” or “close contact” is defined further here.
- If you’re awaiting test results or you’ve been in direct contact with someone else that’s awaiting test results, we’ll ask you to stay out of the gym until a positive or negative test is confirmed. Then, the above rules will apply.