Remember the excitement you felt on your first day of school? I sure do. I remember I would spend far too long figuring out what I was going to wear and setting up my new backpack just right.
I was beyond fortunate growing up. Before the first day of school, my mom would take me down to Target, school supplies list in tow, and pick out everything I needed for the upcoming year. Brand new binders, fancy pens I would lose…you name it.
Many children aren’t that fortunate. They show up on the first day of school without the tools they need to be successful. Not only does that put them at an initial disadvantage, but it can be embarrassing and stressful. Can you imagine showing up on the first day without any supplies when your classmates have brand new everything?
Through July 2018, CrossFit Undeniable is participating in the Fill a Backpack drive with A Precious Child. They provide “backpacks filled with grade-appropriate school supplies to children in need to maximize their academic potential.”
Here’s how it will work:
- We’ll have a bin in the gym starting the week of July 4th.
- Pick up any of the items needed and drop it off at CFU. We have a list of items available below.
- We’ll take all the supplies to A Precious Child so they can use it to fill backpacks for those in need.
We need to take the supplies to A Precious Child by July 20th so get your supplies in before then!
List of Supplies
- Large erasers
- Box of markers
- 24 #2 pencils
- Colored pencils
- Red, blue, or black pens
- Pencil bag/box
- One subject, wide ruled and college ruled spiral notebooks
- Wide ruled and college ruled composition books
- Wide ruled and college ruled loose leaf paper
- Graph paper
- Index cards
- Box of crayons
- Glue sticks